Perfect-bound books, also known as softcover or paperback books, have several advantages that make them a popular choice for various types of publications. Here are some of the reasons to choose perfect binding:
- Lightweight and portable
- Quick Production
Perfect-bound books offer cost-effectiveness, flexibility, portability, and semi-customizable options. These traits make them a popular choice for various genres, such as novels, non-fiction books, trade publications, and self-published works.
- From 1 to as many as 200,000 books
- From 3/32” to 2-9/16” bulk (thickness)
- From 3-7/8” x 5-1/4”” to 11-3/4” x 14-1/2” trim size
- One-Time Use Books
- Non-Fiction Books
Perfect Binding Options
Sewn Soft Cover
- A Layflat perfect bound book is a type of perfect bound book that has the ability to open and lie flat without the pages springing shut. It combines the advantages of perfect binding with the added benefit of allowing the book to stay open at any page without holding it down.
- Unlike traditional perfect-bound books, which tend to close when opened or require some force to keep them open, lay flat perfect-bound books have a specific binding method that allows the pages to lay flat. This is achieved by using a flexible adhesive and a special scoring method.
- Layflat perfect bound books are especially beneficial for certain types of publications, such as photo albums, art books, design portfolios, instructional manuals, cookbooks, and any content that requires a seamless and uninterrupted view across pages. It allows for a more immersive reading experience and makes it easier to appreciate visual content or diagrams that span across pages.